Saturday, March 29, 2008

Catching up!!! or as usual...oh stop it...it's not even a WHOLE month...

I have been learning so much about quilting day by day...it makes my head spin...there are the magazines...the websites...the Yahoo Groups...the books...and my favorite spot to spend time...my local quilt store with it's free classes every Saturday...
it is no secret that I live near the finest Quilting store in the country (by the way it is www.webfabrics.net)...and it IS the largest quilting shop in the Washington, D.C. area...
but almost like being asked to the Prom...I was invited to become a staff member and accepted (even faster than the Prom when I was 16!)
It's only been 3 weeks (time truly does fly when I'm having fun there)...it is a wonderful place to work and what I learn every day I'm there fascinates me even more...being a little basting stitch in the quilting world is fantastic!

There it is...my excuse for not posting...what could be better!!! I have 1700 WIP's in various stages...but I've come to learn from co-workers (the nicest gals on the planet) and the customers (delightful women willing to share their thoughts and ideas) that having fabrics for use in 5-10 years is normal and that having projects LIKE that actually add to one's longevity...plus as far as UFO's are concerned...I don't have near enough!!! How can you NOT love quilting for all it's forgiveness!!!

*crossing fingers behind my back*

I WILL post more regularly...

;>

Kerry

No comments: