Monday, September 17, 2007

How Alex Anderson changed my life...

When I first contracted the quilting bug from my sister, Chris...I was told there was no vaccine...no 12 step program...no cure...in short....no hope for me...

But there was some light at the end of my tunnel. It came in the form of Alex Anderson and "Simply Quilts" on HG-TV.

After waving my DH off to work, starting laundry, checking emails, and making a fresh pot of coffee, I sat with a notepad and Alex explained, interviewed and generally, used her charm to further drag me into quilting. I made notes, downloaded PDF's full of information on show segments, visited quilters and artists websites and sat quietly in the 746.46 stacks at my library.

What could have been more natural than when I started building my library of Quilting books , that Alex would be my first choice.

I have 9 of her books. With my first..."Start Quilting", I felt comfortable. Her style of writing is the same as her on-air personality. I could almost "hear" her, as I read.
That book was followed by " Rotary Cutting", which made me at ease with the "fabric pizza cutter" !!! lol
"Keep Quilting" encouraged my growing confidence and added some more pattern ideas to my list of "Quilting To-Do's".
I've found that my "newbie" questions have been easily answered in her many volumes. Whether it's a simple design choice or a finishing technique, these books make it so simple...
I really can't improve on her shows' title!!!

I own and totally recommend for ease of understanding , especially for brand new quilters...(like me...hehehe)

Start Quilting
Rotary Cutting
Keep Quilting
Paper Piecing
Hand Applique
Finish It
Hand Quilting
Beautifully Quilted
Baby Quilts

quiltlinks

No comments: