Friday, September 21, 2007

playing with curves...


I have to find the book that made me feel confident enough to make my first curved pieces...(or it could have been a Simply Quilting demonstration that gave me the confidence)...

of course, now that curves seem to be within my grasp, I have been eying books on circles...when I was getting school supplies together for DH this year, I found some lovely round rulers in Staples...and at a significantly lower price than the local sewing store...I also got an adjustable ruler for delineating my own curves...

quilting is not turning out to be the art form I thought it was...I probably would have tried it years before but I was convinced that it was all exact angles and points meeting other points and there was no forgiveness in it at all...but the books, television shows and lovely ladies I've met at Webfabrics have opened a free flowing artistic world for me...I have relaxed, knowing that I will NEVER be doing precise kaleidoscopes like Paula Nadelstern...lol...

anyway....here is my first curved piece

No comments: