Saturday, September 15, 2007

WebFabrics...

I am so very lucky to live near WebFabrics ( www.webfabrics.net ), the largest Quilting store in the Washington, DC area...every Saturday, they offer free classes in a variety of areas.
We've had simple classes about using different types of iron on adhesive inter-facings...Fabric Postcards...Snippet Art...fabric gift bags...pillowcases that can be made to match a quilt or to store a quilt in...rag quilts...gosh I can't even remember all the things I've learned...
Most often they are tied into fabrics, books or patterns that are available in the store, but the staff are such delightful people, that going each week has become a joy and it's visiting friends.
Today's class was about quilted sweatshirts/ jackets....some were appliqued, some just fun finishes with fabric.
So, of course, I ran off to Ross and found a cheap sweatshirt to turn into a jacket...it's a nice teal color also...which will be perfect with some of the Asian fabrics I have in that color family... pictures when I get closer to finishing it!!!

No comments: